More Vietnam by Al

Hue


Puppy


Delicious ice cream sandwich in soft sponge to cure the hangover created by the hospital trip from my previous post 


Beating the rain, Vietnam style

Phong Nha


Rice paddies, mountains


I went for a swim in there it was bloody excellent. Some men saw me swimming so jumped in, and then immediately out as it was too cold for them! 


Paradise cave and best selfie ever


More cave stuff


The cave again


I went for a moody walk and this deserted road was the perfect metaphor for my angst


It was about 22 degrees so there was a fire to keep us warm

Ninh Binh


Lucie's breakfast came with 10 slices of bread


Delicious noodles for breakfast/brunch


Followed by lunch....


I got a haircut which was quite the experience 


We realised we had stopped taking photos of each other 


It was 20 degrees here so the fire was even bigger


I was so cold


Another delicious feast (Ninh Binh was FULL of delicious restaurants)


Went for a walk to the bird park


Who wore it better - my hair or the limestone landscape?


Views


I love to swing


Scary bridge


Beautiful countryside


There are some birds if  you really zoom


Can't even see them here


We felt really happy to watch them fly home


Can't keep a straight face


Delicious dinner


Goad anyone??? Causage??


Walked to ninh binh proper, I tried several times to ask for no meat, but still got some (loads)


My favourite condiment of them all, delicious chilli with salt and sugar and oil


Took a boat to the supposed ha long bay on land, which was gorgeous


Went under some caves


Mind your head


Hangover cure in a beautiful spot


Cheeky turtles

Hanoi - my FAVOURITE CITY


EGG COFFEE WHICH IS THE MOST DELICIOUS DRINK OF ALL TIME


JESUS LOOK AT IT I DIE


We went on a walking tour where we had the egg coffee and thret donuts, left sweet and right savoury


Iced egg coffee - not as good


Bahn Mi 25 - basically a baguette shop but they were good


Dinner


Joma Cafe (we'd heard about this from our pals, apparently there was one in Laos everyone was obsessed with, we soon learnt why)


LOOK AT THAT BANANA BREAD GUYS


Lucie's bagel


Just a casual stroll down a live train track


MILLENNIAL BLESSING


Entrance to an art gallery


Typical Vietnamese shop


Pub Street fun


St Patrick's Day


Why did i get the ponce hat?


Funnnnn


 Joma AGAIN


The train  came!!!!!!


People live down that road


Some street art


A bridge too far


Luce and Ross and I


Throwback to Lucie's birthday - have I ever looked more in love with a man???

Comments

Post a Comment